Monday, November 26, 2007

Posting by jenny

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/07/19/peer-to-peer-telephone-service
I found this article on nytimes.com. It is about a telephone service over the internet using computers. The difference with this service and others is that Ooma carrys the calls over the internet and then completes the call using regular telephone service. But people only have to pay for local charges, [and] this service will eliminate long distance charges. It's kinda interesting to see how technology has changed in the last few years. Personally I wish that technology would stop changing. People keep coming up with things that are newer and better than the last. I think that is people keep doing this that we are eventually gonna be able to communicate without actually communicating. Almost like a science fiction movie or book. The cars are gonna change and the phone service and the television, soon it will be a completly different world. I thought this article was interesting because I was aware of the new service of calling on the internet to replace the telephone butI was not aware of this. It is also interesting that is how expensive it sounds to me. I would almost rather not have a way to talk on the phone than pay $399.00. I hope you find this article as interesting as I did.

by Jenny

No comments: