Thursday, April 2, 2009

Week 1: Introduction to blogging

We will be studying how communication is an important part of your success not only in getting the job, but in succeeding at it. Each week, there will be an assignment related to the textbook reading and lecture. Read the postings by your classmates as well as posting your own response.

Between now and 5 p.m. Friday, April 10, enter a comment on this post. Your comment can be as simple as "hello everyone" or as detailed as you wish. See the instructions on the right side of the screen if you are new to blogging. For this week only, you will receive five points for participation. The goal is to be sure you are registered and able to participate on this blog before the formal blogging assignments begin in Week 2 (April 13 through April 17). Once the formal assignments begin, you will be able to earn up to 10 points depending on the quality of your response. Feel free to scroll down and click on "archives" to see what other students in previous classes have written.

12 comments:

Rebecca Solfest said...

Hello everybody! This is rebecca Solfest. I sure hope this blogging will be enjoyable. At least a little bit anyways...

Josie Larson said...

Hello everybody! This is Josie Larson. I am looking forward to working with and getting to know you all in Business Communication, let's hope for a great quarter!

Heather Baldwin said...

Hello everyone! I am looking forward to getting to know each of you.

Brittany Rihn said...

Hello everyone! This is Brittany Rihn. I am pretty excited about getting to know you this quater, and I look forward to working with you in class.

Austen.g said...

So, instead of telling everyone how much I am looking forward to getting to know you, I will give you some food for thought.

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/
dan_ariely_on_our_buggy_moral_code.html

I highly recommend that everyone watch this video, as well as any other video on: www.ted.com

It is all very mind stimulating.

Travis Fogelberg said...

Hello everyone. My name is Travis Fogelberg and I am somewhat looking forward to Business Communications. I really want to be able to speak more clearly and effectively in front of a crowd so we will see what happens!

Ryan J said...

Hi everyone! This is Ryan Jones. I am looking forward to getting to know everybody in this class and hope to have a great quarter.

Tara H. said...

Hello everyone! I am looking forward to being in class with you.

Jacki said...

Hi everyone.

Pamela Johnson said...

Hello fellow classmates. I know I'm late with this blog, however, I just figured it all out. Now that I know what I'm doing I can keep up with the rest of you.
Thank you,
Pamela Johnson

Anonymous said...

Hello, My name is Teresa Faulconer and I am in the Medical Assistant program. I am liking it so far! Good luck to all of you.

Justin C. said...

Hello